Founded in 2011, Back Tie offers a dynamic work environment and has established itself as the best rope access window cleaning company to work for, in Vancouver.
Our diverse crew is mostly comprised of young rope access technicians from all over the world, looking to expand their skills and knowledge, while logging hours on ropes. Most of them share a passion for rock climbing and the great outdoors.
Being one of the only exterior maintenance companies in BC to achieve COR certification, you can be assured that your safety will always be the top priority. We also leverage technology to streamline communication between team members, and increase employee engagement. Employee recognition, as well as peer to peer recognition, are well engrained in our culture. Whether you choose to make a career at Black Tie, or are just passing through for a season, our goal is to create a lasting impression by offering the best possible work environment for our employees.
Wether you have experience and are looking to improve your situation, or are brand new to the industry, we would love to meet with you.
We are currently looking to fill the following positions:
Experienced Rope-Access Window Cleaning and Power Washing Technician:
This is a full-time position starting now, and possibly ongoing throughout winter (peak season ends in December and some workers will get laid off). Duties include power washing, window cleaning, dryer vent cleaning and building inspection.
- SPRAT or IRATA Level 1 or higher
- Experience in window cleaning and power washing desirable, but training will be provided to the right candidate(s)
- Computer literacy and access to smart phone and Internet connection (ability to fill out online work reports and communicate fluently in English, both written and spoken).
- Positive attitude and proven customer service track record
- Clean appearance, punctuality and all the usual basics…
- Base hourly rate with opportunity to earn upwards of $35-$40 per hour on piecework
- Bonuses and incentives based on performance
- Ongoing training and certifications
- Signing bonus offered to certified candidates meeting all requirements
- All rope access and necessary equipment provided
- Full work uniforms provided
- One of the best Extended Health benefits plans available to the industry
- Legendary Christmas party and monthly staff events
- Professional development and employee training budget
- Career guidance and advancement opportunities
Expected Start Date: 2022-03-15
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $30.00-$35.00 per hour
- Overtime pay
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends